Hope begins with community support.
The Highland River Foundation’s REAL Life program assists individuals and families in need. Help us service those in need of recovery essentials and living support. When providing transitional, supported and affordable community housing options, Highland Rivers Behavioral Health simply does not have the resources to acquire all the items necessary for a functioning household—cleaning supplies, cookware, bedding, and personal care and hygiene items—which is why we need support from our community.
Financial and in-kind gifts through the Highland Rivers Foundation for the REAL (Recovery Essentials and Living) Life program are tax-deductible, and donors are able to direct their gifts toward a specific purpose if desired. Priority needs for the Recovery Essentials and Living Support Life program include:
- Bedding (blankets, pillows, new mattresses)
- Kitchen and cooking supplies (pots and pans, spatulas, can openers)
- Dinnerware (plates, bowls, cups and drinking glasses, silverware)
- Cleaning supplies (kitchen/bathroom cleaners, dish soap, bleach, mops, etc.)
- Laundry supplies (detergent, laundry baskets, hampers, dryer sheets)
- Personal care and hygiene (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine products, washcloths, and towels)
- Household paper goods (facial tissue, toilet paper, paper towels, paper napkins)
- Gently used furniture and home furnishings
- Gasoline cards and transportation vouchers
- Maternal, infant, and child supplies (diapers, blankets, onesies and clothing, bottles, teething rings, breastfeeding accessories)